Day & Time: Wednesday 9:30-10:40
Mentor: Sarah Bailey
**Once your student is accepted into Student Council, the class will be added to your account.** (website has this class listed as "out of stock" due to the essay process)
o This is more than just a class; this is training for real life leadership! Students will take turns serving our learning center in different offices, such as: president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, fundraising officer, media consultant, and an advertising board for activities going on at the center.
o Students will be helping create a social media presence to keep families informed.
o We will plan quarterly activities, student of the month rewards, birthday recognitions and all other activities at the center.
o This class is designed for students who want to roll up their sleeves and work to make our community a better, more inclusive and happier place.
***In order to be considered for student council, students must turn in an essay by August 1, 2019. Please email it to the mentor: Sarah Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org***
The essay must include:
- Why you would like to be on the Student Council.
- What talents and skills you have that you are willing to share to help our community.
- Are you able to participate in assignments and activities that will take place outside of the one day a week classroom time?
- Give an example of a time you were in a leadership role; what obstacles did you overcome and how did you made it successful?
- Give an example of a time where you had to work as a team with a peer group.
***Acceptance to the student council will be based on the quality of the essay.***
We anticipate that there will be 8 students on the council.